Tuesday 29 December 2009

End of Year Reads

I'll admit it, I haven't really thought about games in days and likely won't anymore this year. If I don't think, I don't come up with content and you don't get stuff to read from me.
Luckily, there's a lot more to read out there. Here are some things that might interest you.

  • Keen looks back at the MMOs of 2009. Depressing but quite true. Also, finally a post again that's not about Allod's Online.

  • Evizaer has quite a thought-provoking post on self-balancing game systems. When that guy isn't busy bashing other bloggers, he writes some good stuff.

  • Spinks has an interesting post up about magic compasses in-game. (And I was totally going to steal her idea of using a Captain Jack Sparrow picture with my post. I just failed to find a good one.) The post is good, if not terribly deep. I might try to expand on that topic in the new year, 'tis it is an interesting one.

  • With the year coming to an end, people seem to start talking about regrets. Keen (again) has some blog related ones, Carra talks about how Steam sales make people regret buying decisions. Me, I try not to regret things. If a game was good and worth its €45, it doesn't make the game any worse if it can be bought for €17 a month later. I try to learn from mistakes if I can, but dwelling on them won't fix anything. I have new year's resolutions (even if I know I'll fail at fulfilling them as always), but I won't spend new year's eve thinking about how 2009 could have been better. I'll just make sure 2010 is ;)
  • Comments have been disabled because the blog has moved to procrastinationamplification.com. Please head over there, bookmark the new site and comment away :)